Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Journey Continues: Scoggin-style

I haven't been putting this vacation blog off - at least I don't think I have. But I still don't know how to do any kind of justice to the next leg of our trip - the blessing of our extended time with Jason, Jenni, Lexi, Kiara, and Matt-Matt. They welcomed us as family and that's exactly what we felt like. As a family, they paint with a swirling mix of compassion, conviction, fire, flair (mostly Jason), and fun. The openness with which Jenni and Jason talk about parenting, faith, challenges, joys, and everything else is met by the Spirit who indwells the humble and contrite. Kiara and Lexi are incredible girls, and we were glad for the chance to get to know them. And what can say about Matt-Matt? He was a gracious host to Annie, and it was a joy to watch his joy. (I'll try to coax Bek into a Matt-Matt guest blog. Specifically a, um, bathroom incident.) Scoggins, we love y'all! Our time with you was balm to our souls.























- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Durham, NC

1 comment:

  1. We love you guys, too! Your presence in our home meant so much to us.

    ReplyDelete