Friday, August 27, 2010

Bedtime Bear

Bek and I embrace structure and routine in the wild adventure that is our parenting. Every night, the goal is a 7:15 p.m. bath time, with final feeding, stories, teeth brushing and prayers in that order. We hang out together. The prayers are pretty simple at this point: Bek tells Annie to remember "that Mommy loves you and Daddy loves you and God loves you and He is with you." Then it's my turn: "Thank you Jesus for Annie," I say, and I make the sign of the cross on her forehead. The last two nights, just as Bek is finishing her nightly reminder to Annie, Annie has looked at me with earnest eyes and gently touched her hand to her forehead. Sometimes I wonder if she understands the things she does, but mostly I pray for the simplicity of her trust.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


Location:Home

No comments:

Post a Comment