Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkins, Fun at St C's

Tonight, a gaggle of us gathered to watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" at St C's.  I especially enjoy nights like our outdoor movie nights because they allow me to come to church as "just" daddy.  I'm grateful for those in our congregation who organize and lead these evenings so well.

So it was that at 6:25 p.m., Annie and I grabbed our carved pumpkins and headed up to the church.  Annie was a Tigger to Jude's Pooh Bear.  Jude, Rebekah, and Debbie (Bek's mom) came up a while later.

We were greeted by all sorts of fun characters.  Harry Potter.  Captain America.  A Creeper.  Jason.  Martha Washington.  A hobbit.  A bumble bee.  A black cat.  A mysterious man with a cloak and a wild mustache.  And this surprising character, who left me at a loss for words.  
He's too young to be a priest, but MAN is he good looking.
















Some of the characters we encountered:



Also, the pumpkin showing was stellar:



After placing votes for best costumes and pumpkins, we settled in for the show.  A fun night all around.  A highlight for me was the neighbors who dropped in to share an evening with their children.

Annie's first popcorn!  She was digging the night.
A great time with friends and open to strangers.  That's a remarkable and even holy thing, I think.  And I'm sure we'll do it again.  Like 'The Great Pumpkin' itself, nights like this one simply never get old.


No comments:

Post a Comment