Saturday, June 19, 2010

pics from time with Gaga

Grandparent names in our family have been a topic either of much interest or more ambivalence, depending on who you talk to. My folks had names more or less picked out (Grammy and Grampy); Beks' parents have insisted all along that Annie will make names of her own devising. I admit I had been skeptical, thinking that Annie would require a starting point -- a material reference from which to later improvise. So while allowing for spontaneity and flexibility, Bek and I utilized some initial "fillers" (Grandma and Grandpa, Abuela/Abuelo, Scram-ma -- my favorite). And then it happened. With Bek's mom's latest visit, the Baker faith in spontaneity proved true: "Gaga" was born. So these are some pics from Gaga's time with us; a time marked by Gaga's generous help around the house, sweet time with Annie, and much, much ice cream. Bek, A, and I were delighted for the time with Gaga, and are looking forward to seeing the whole Baker fam soon. Maybe Annie will even tell us what to call them.
















No comments:

Post a Comment